Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Surgery ... Joey and Stef


Saw the surgeon today. Good news is that during PMS and through all the stress with Simba I lost another 5 pounds, so I didn't get yelled at - in fact I got a bozo button because he said I have lost 9 pounds more then he thought I would. I would love to say "look at me ain't I the shit - but he only expected 6 pounds in 3 months ::G:: so it wasn't exactly difficult to do. Anyway, my surgery date is July 22nd. They are also doing a liver biopsy while they have me on the table because my liver stats looked hinky in the testing. I'm hoping it's just going to be fatty deposits because of my weight because the other two options he gave just don't sound fun at all. He actually said the words "liver transplant" while explaining things to us ... WHY would you say those words to a PMSing woman who can't eat double stuffed oreos?
OMG I have 21 days left to eat ... for the rest of my life. ::vbeg:: What should I have as my "Last Meal"?

I talked to Joey tonight after I got home and of course he is worried about his Mom ... but what really warmed my heart is that Stefanie was with him and asked if she was allowed to come to the hospital the day of my surgery ... and she offered to take me to my pre op admission bloodwork. I just love this girl. My fear is that I'm not lucky enough that my son will actually MARRY someone this sweet. That my getting to know and care about her is just some cruel trick being played on me by the universe. And that he will really end up with some stripper named "Candi Cane"with 6 kids who will hate me and forbid my boy to see me except on Christmas and birthdays ... and only then to collect their presents. ::Wink::

5 comments:

  1. I can't even believe that your "last meal" is a question..... Duh, chips & dip....and shrimp....and maybe some fish tacos. But totally the chips & dip. Glad to see you back! Congrats on the date! That's really exciting, and I would love to say I don't envy you....but I seriously do. I'm excited for you.

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 22nd will be here before you know it. You are very lucky that Joey has a girlfriend that cares about you. Like you, I just have 2 boys, and once in a while I think of what kind of girls they'll marry. I hope they're girls who are sweet and considerate and will love our family as much as she loves my son. Right now, my oldest has a sweet girlfriend of almost 1 year. The youngest, well...he goes out with girls, but has no time for any relationship right now. Good move for him! He's too busy to get too serious.

    I'm praying for you with the upcoming surgery. And also regarding that liver biopsy. I hope it's nothing. For the last meal....I don't know. There's too much that I would want. Just don't make yourself sick!! LOL Good luck!!

    Hugs,

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything mexican..you'll shit it out anyway!! LOL

    happy for you...you've lost quite a bit of weight already..exactly how did you do it...I always want good weight loss tips...;-)

    cute pic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should have the last 22 meals - at least one a day til the 22nd! oh wait, would that be 21 meals? oh well, you'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the countdown to surgery begins how exciting! If it were my last meal (of good stuff for along time) I would go out to get a good steak and potato slathered in butter and sour cream and apple pie alamode for dessert! I hope the liver thing is nothing. So sad to read you lost your doggie. Julie

    ReplyDelete

Princess FatBeGone

Princess FatBeGone