Friday, July 3, 2009

18 Days Left to Eat


Well I confess, I had a Whopper today, it was freak'n awesome . .. and I'm not even embarrassed. ::vbeg:: Did you know that those sons of bitches have made cheese filled tatter tots? Lord give me strength. And no I did not have pie or a shake or noth'n .... ya know besides my 1,200 calorie burger ... and a handful of fries. ::G::
Do any of you drink suppliment protein drinks during the day? Anything from Carnation Breakfast, Slim Fast, New Wey, Special K? If you do and there is a line or flavor that you really like, please let me know about it.
I have been doing "Madonna's arm rolls" while I'm sitting, and trying to firm up that lower arm wiggle. Those puppies hurt. I started by doing only 5, then everyday increased by 5 until I got to 75 ... now I do a set of 75 twice a day. I'm also making slow progress on the treadmill and am digging out my Wii fit this weekend! The doctor says I am high risk because of being so immobile and I really need to push it and the blood going in my legs - especially after the surgery.
Do any of you watch "Big Medicine" with the father and son surgeons who do a lot of GBS? I am SOO addicted to this show but it now dropped down to only airing once a week so I had to buy the boxed set - you know if it gets here tomorrow I will watch the entire season and will actually be insane enough to watch it as I am stuffing my Fourth of July wennies and goodies into my mouth. I'm wack like that.
19 days til surgery. ::sigh ... nervous giggle::
HEY does anyone talk to Kristina? Her surgery is on Tuesday isn't it? I would love to hear how she is doing and if she is nervous.
Have a happy, safe, wonderful Fourth of July weekend.

4 comments:

  1. 18 days will be here before you know it!! And no, I didn't know that the bastards put cheese in tater tots. Hell, I didn't even know they had tater tots! Enjoy your eating the next 18 days. I know you'll miss the food at first after the surgery, but I hope you're not going to be in a big funk. It's only food. Yeah, I know...easier said than done. I know that.

    Good for you making progress on the treadmill!! Keep it up over the next 18 days. The better shape and stamina you'll be in prior to the surgery, the better and quicker recovery you'll have.

    I have been drinking Muscle Milk Light Chocolate flavor. I buy it in a case of 24 at Costco. It's not in a can. (I hate canned shakes) It's got 20g of protein and is filling. And the taste, I think is very good! It's only 160 cal, 5g fat, 9 carbs for 8.5 oz. I'm not a slim fast fan...especially the cans. My son drinks the regular Muscle Milk (powder) and likes it. The powder also has more flavors. I'm sure if you go to a health food store or GNC type store, you can find individual cans/containers of brands to try. I've also tried the Biggest Loser powder that's very good. I use 8 oz of skim milk, one container of fat-free yogurt and 1 scoop of BL powder (only 50 calories - 6g protein, 6g fiber, 1g fat). You can make your own flavors and it is filling and you're getting in alot of dairy. Of course you can use full-fat or low-fat milk/yogurt. I just go lowest calories. I found BL powder at CVS and grocery stores. That is reasonably priced. I would suggest looking for the higher protein and nutrient drinks. But ask your doctor first!!!

    Yes, I have seen Big Medicine...but only a few times. I'm a reality junkie and watch alot of the Discovery shows. Do you watch Ruby? That's starting again on Sun on Style Network. She is inspiring.

    Enjoy your 4th of July!! Now, don't go nuts on the Wii Fit....you don't need to go injuring yourself just before surgery!!!!! :)

    Hugs,

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheese filled tater tots? wonder if we have those in texas? lord that sounds good. Thanks for that! I'll be thinking of that all night now! And you know i'm housebound for the weekend! I ordered a supplement but haven't gotten it yet so when i do i'll let you know how it tastes. I see Diana's comment about muscle milk. Matthew drinks that but told me i didn't need it because i didn't need the carbs - but the light version diana mentioned might be worth a look since it only has 9 carbs! Congrats on all the exercise! You've been keeping a little secret from me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like slim fast..their new ones..the ones that fill you up longer..can't think of the name but you'll see what i mean if you look at the cans...whip them up in the blender with a ton of ice..can even add fruit if you wish...vanilla ..strawberry.. and milk chocolate are my favs...

    you go girl..you must be so excited but nervous...wishing you all the very best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are going to diet after the lift many weight then it will very hard for you.
    - whey protein shake

    ReplyDelete

Princess FatBeGone

Princess FatBeGone