Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Follow up to Smoothies


Hey Lyn and Diana ... I'm so glad you're here with me ::smile:: and thank you both for asking the obvious question, I should have mentioned this in the original post.

The first few weeks after GBS surgery you are at the mercy of protein drinks, so trust me I have tried most of them. What I think is the best one out there is Whey Isolate 28. I get it at GNC. I joined they membership thingie because this stuff ain't cheap and with the membership you get great savings the first week of every month. Another thing I really like is GNC will take back any product, even if you have opened it and tried it. Like I said I have tried almost all of them - powders with even more protein - and a variety of flavors, I returned most of them and they never gave me a problem. So instead of having to buy the tiny bags to "just try" a flavor, I buy the big tub of something which is much cheaper ... if I love it, great - if not, I take it back and try something else.

For ME I am stuck on the chocolate because I'm not allowed to have real chocolate and this particular one is good enough (and can be "doctored" to be even better) that I feel like I am getting a treat. Vanilla was pretty good too. I hated the strawberry ... caramel was gross ... and malt made me gag, lol.

They have other liquid protein drinks in flavors like fruit punch, melon etc that you can buy in single servings ... to be honest they are nasty, BUT I keep a tiny ice cube tray full of them in the freezer and when I come inside from taking a walk or gardening and I am so hot, I pop one in my mouth and *bam* 3-10 grams of protein down within seconds. And like I mentioned yesterday you can mix them with frozen fruit and use even more of the liquid.

Let me know if you give it a try. And please let me know of any new smoothie ideas that you come up with that you think are yummy.

4 comments:

  1. thanks girl!! i will let u know when i try them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's AMAZING that you are back to Blogging here (not that I was reading you prior to your departure, but it's nice to be here now!!! LOL) and I think it is INCREDIBLE that you are in the 160's!!!! You are my IDOL when it comes to weight loss....I just don't want to have surgery. (lol) I have to figure something else out. Right now I am doing Isagenix and I LOVE it...12 lbs down in a month! I feel AWESOME and I, too, am having those protein shakes!! I make mine with water, 4 ice cubes, 4 frozen strawberries and the Isagenix powder. It is SOOOO filling and tastes great!

    Can't wait to hear more of your tips!!

    ((hugs))
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use to follow you back in that day at your other blog so wanted to say hi! congrats on your weightloss im so freakin happy and jealous at the same time :P you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Princess FatBeGone

Princess FatBeGone